Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I am looking for...

This is what I am looking for in a potential life partner.

I want someone that will respect and protect me from any kind of harm.
I want someone that thinks I am the standard of beauty.
I want someone who wants to be friends first. Because in all honesty, who wants to be with someone they wouldn't hang out with as friends.
I want someone that wants to be better in himself, so I can be better in myself, for each other.
I want a true partner. Someone you can rely on day in and day out and not worry what they might be doing if they don't answer there phone right away. Someone that understands that relationships are not 50/50. Sometimes they are 100/0 or 0/100 and are will to go that far if need be.
I want someone that isn't allergic to my cats. Someone that can actually like my cats. I have had them for 12 years, longer than any guy has been around. And I know that I can not truly care for someone that is indifferent to or doesn't like my cats.
I want someone that isn't afraid to tell people we are together. That even if I am not around, everyone knows that he is with me and that I am with him. Someone that will hold my hand in public, give me little kisses, and tells his family about me.
I want someone that is there unconditionally. Pretty and all made up, or sick on the couch making me peppermint tea. Knowing full well that I will do the same for him.
I want someone that does not smoke, anything, do drugs, or drink to an excess. Drinking is fine, but there is a point when it becomes antisocial.
I want someone that likes to go out to dance, with me. That clubbing isn't a weekend mandatory and if it is an option, there is no question that he would be taking me with.
I want someone that, even if he is not a Christian, to either be respectful and or curious to at least understand what I believe. I'm not trying to change anyone but would like to be understood on more than one level. In which case, I am open to learn that part of him.
I want someone that won't try to have sex with me on the first date. The answer will be no. This goes back to my first desire, to be protected and respected.
I want someone that I can talk to everyday, not because it is a requirement but because we really just want to check in and see how the other one is doing.
Above all else, I want someone that is ready to love me and only me. Someone that understands that yes, his mother and sister are important but if we are to create our own family someday, I need to be their one and only true love in that sense.
Does this sound unattainable? I don't think it is too much to ask. I think I am asking for a decent human partner that can't live without me and that I can't live without. Who are desperately attracted to eachother and want to be partners in life. Us against the world. Is that so hard?

No comments: