Thursday, June 18, 2009

Society and Jobs

So, I am a little worried. I've had hope regardless of the falling housing market, the falling job market, the potential that the United States is falling apart... but now, I'm not so sure. I know that the press and media have their own way of making things sound so much worse than it is, but to me, it seems that no one is safe from the impending fall out that every company is subject to.

I feel blessed to have a condo that I love. A roommate that I love and is responsible. A boyfriend that takes care of me in a way otherwise not known to me in this life. And two cats, that are not just cats, but are great companions. Oh, and a best friend that as it turns out, is a distant cousin.

I had a full time job as a teacher, which I left because I felt the need to go a different direction. Only to be preceeded by a massive teacher layoff and pay cut, because teachers don't get paid enough as it is, lets give them more students and pay them less...

I went back to graduate school to work on my second masters in transportation planning. I have an awesome intership lined up. There is plently of work but no money...

I have a year left in school and am somehow lucky enough to have found a reasonably permanent albeit low paying, but stress free and love, at Hallmark.

So, the point of this rambling? I'm not sure. I feel lucky to have what I have and be at the place that I am but I am also worried about the future. I am now giving up this worry and uncertainty to God. For I trust that he will take care of me and provide for my basic needs.

Hmm... Thats about it for now

No comments: