Monday, January 26, 2009

Food Allergy Enemies

So, I am deathly allergic to all kinds of seafood. This is fun and totally safe! Below is a list of restaurants that I am permanently boycotting based on questionable sanitary practices.
1. Paradise Bakery- three instances, two locations, over a year and a half span... tuna in the chicken salad. If they can't keep the tuna and chicken separate, what else is commingling that shouldn't be?
2. Bagel Nosh- North Scottsdale Location Only (Ahwatukee location is awesome!) I ordered a chicken salad sandwich, which was free of any seafood particles, however, the person in front of me ordered a tuna melt and not only was some tuna left on the cutting board that stuck to my innocent bagel, I watched as the girl used the same knife to cut my sandwich, after I told her I was Deathly Allergic and to be careful.
3. Brueggers Bagels- I ordered a cinnamon sugar bagel with strawberry cream cheese, one of my all time favorites. I took my first bite while driving and happen to look down to see odd pink chunks that had just been halved as I took a bite. I openned the bagel, praying the pink things were strawberry chunks... But oh no, that would be too easy. Somehow, the cream cheese had little pieces of lox (cold salmon) in it. Even though I spit out the part that I had eatten, almost three weeks later, my stomach still feels raw.

1 comment:

Athena said...

Hey, you couldn't possibly travel here. Generally people with allergies should avoid Africa at all costs. The vegetables, the meat, the seafood, the poultry, the bread - it's all with the same utensils. Also, there's no hot water at the sink (you're lucky if you have any at all) and there's no soap, so nothing is ever cleaned that well except at the really nice restaurants that could afford a machine dishwasher.